Questions For Reflection
Before we begin, consider the following questions. Your instructor may ask you to freewrite about one or more of these questions in your learning journal.
- What kind of sources have you used in the workplace? How has this differed from the kind of sources you’ve used in school?
- Why do you think the rules that we have around source use exist? Why do we cite sources?
- How does your culture handle using other people’s ideas and words? Who “owns” an idea? How do you respectfully use someone’s words?
- What questions do you have about citation?
- What’s your definition of “academic integrity?”
- Do you think that the rules of “academic integrity” apply to the workplace?