Before we begin, consider the following questions. Your instructor may ask you to freewrite about one or more of these questions in your learning journal.
- Have you ever argued with someone online? If so, how did you present your argument? Was your argument successful?
- How do people create arguments in your area of study or career path? Are there certain ethical rules that people in your industry must follow?
- How do people argue in your culture? Do you argue with everyone the same way (an elder vs. someone your age)?
- Do you think it’s possible to change someone’s mind using logic?
- Do you find it easier to create an argument in writing or in person? Why?