Before we begin, consider the following questions. Your instructor may ask you to freewrite about one or more of these questions in your learning journal.
- When you write, how do you know when to begin and end a paragraph?
- How do you organize your thoughts when you write?
- Look at a piece written by your favourite author. How does he or she use paragraphs?
- Have you ever had an experience where you missed an important piece of information because it was buried in a paragraph or otherwise hard to read? What happened?
- How do you organize ideas within a paragraph?
- What role does pre-writing and revision play in how you organize your writing?