- Reflecting on your reading and writing beliefs will help you identify places where your beliefs aren’t helpful.
- Negative feelings about writing can lead to procrastination and an inability to try new things. Recognizing negative feelings can reduce their power.
- Everyone can become a better writer.
- Writing doesn’t just help you express yourself. It’s also a great way to figure out what you think about something.
- The goal of this book is to help you make strong decisions about communication. At the beginning of each piece, you will read a narrative by Brenda Knights. Reflect on it as you read the rest of the chapter, then connect it to the rest of the material that you’ve learned and your own experience.