Questions for Reflection
Before we begin, consider the following questions. Your instructor may ask you to freewrite about one or more of these questions in your learning journal.
- How many hours per day do you spend online? What sort of platforms do you use? Why do you use these platforms?
- Are you the same person online as you are in real life? Why or why not?
- If you use multiple social media platforms, do you behave the same way on each one? Explain any differences you see on different social media platforms.
- If you use social media, how do you use it? Do you comment? Create content? Have discussions? Just observe?
- How often do you think about privacy online? Do you take any steps to protect your privacy?
- What impact has social media had on your life?