Questions For Reflection
Before we begin, consider the following questions. Your instructor may ask you to freewrite about one or more of these questions in your learning journal.
- How much experience do you have communicating with people of different cultures? How have these experiences impacted you?
- When you enter into a new workplace, community or culture, how do you learn how to communicate effectively in that space?
- What are your fears about intercultural communication?
- Have you ever worked in a group before? How did the experience go? Did you experience any miscommunications?
- When you first came to this university, how did you feel about communicating with your teachers? How do you feel now?
- How did you learn how to communicate with others? Do you feel that all the communication skills you learned were helpful? Why or why not?