- A clear paragraph provides your audience with an appropriate amount of information and is structured so that the reader can see the connection between ideas. Many paragraphs had topic sentences, but because paragraphs can be so short in business communication, this is not a hard-and-fast rule.
- Each paragraph should have a purpose.
- You can use transitional words to help the reader see the connection between ideas and between paragraphs.
- Your paragraph should meet your audience’s needs in terms of detail and length.
- You can use reverse outlining to make sure that everything in your document is clearly organized and supported.