Before we begin, consider the following questions. Your instructor may ask you to freewrite about one or more of these questions in your learning journal.
- Think back to the most impactful speaker you’ve ever encountered? What made that person impactful? How did they deliver the message?
- What emotions come up when you think about giving an oral presentation? Why do you feel that way?
- If you have experience with a different language or culture, what similarities and differences do you notice in oral presentations across cultures?
- In the age of the internet when we can write down everything we need to say, create videos and create graphics easily, why do we still have oral presentations? What role do they serve?
- How do you use storytelling in your daily life? Do you consider yourself an effective storyteller?
- If you have experience with a different language or culture, what similarities and differences do you notice in storytelling across cultures?