Activities For Further Reflection
Your instructor may ask you to complete one or more of the following exercises.
- Write a paragraph connecting Brenda Knights’ narrative to the rest of the chapter or to your own experience.
- Review Raveena and Kai’s stories. Now, write one about yourself. If you’re happy with your writing process, write about how you developed it. If you’d like to make some changes, imagine what advice your instructor would give you. If you’re not sure, ask!
- Think of two different writing tasks that you’ve accomplished. Using Joe’s story as a model, create a diagram that shows your writing process for each task, then tell the story of that writing process.
- Re-read the “Ways to Switch Up Your Writing Process,” and pick a few methods that are interesting to you. Try them over the next few weeks, then write a memo to your instructor reporting on how the experience went.
- Ask a friend about their writing process. Then, write a short email giving them advice on how to make their writing process more enjoyable or efficient. (Note: you don’t actually have to send the email to your friend. You can just send it to your instructor).