As well as writing down your answer see if you can write down WHY the statement is true or false AND what else you can remember about the topic.
Statement: The Structuralism school of Psychology was influenced by Darwin.
Answer: False. Darwin influenced the Functionalists. Wundt was a Structuralist while James was a Functionalist. Structuralism focused on basic elements or building blocks of experiences.
- Most behaviour has a single cause.
- Wundt was an important contributor to the Structuralism school of Psychology.
- Aristotle believed that behaviour was mostly the result of nurture.
- Cognitive Psychology focuses on mental processes.
- The Functionalism school of Psychology was founded by Freud.
- The lower level of explanation focuses on interpersonal processes.
- Hindsight bias refers to people’s tendency to have positive memories of their childhood.
- Over time, psychology changed from being a philosophical to a scientific discipline.
- Introspection involves asking people to report on their own mental processes as they happen.
- Forensic psychology focuses on issues relevant to the criminal justice system.