Skip to content
- The brain and spinal cord make up the ________ ________ ________.
- TMS involves applying ________ ________ to the brain of a living person to temporarily and safely deactivate a small region.
- The ________ ________ is a layer of fatty tissue surrounding the axon of a neuron that acts as insulation and allows faster transmission of the action potential.
- The ________ ________ is a system of glands that secrete hormones.
- The area of the brain stem that controls heart rate and breathing is called the ________.
- The four lobes of the cortex are: ________, ________, ________ and ________.
- The pituitary gland is controlled by the ________.
- The two divisions of the PNS are the ________ nervous system and the ________ nervous system.
- The ________ is primarily responsible for regulating our perceptions of, and reactions to, aggression and fear.
- The brain’s ability to change its structure and function in response to experience or damage is called ________.
- central nervous system
- magnetic pulses
- myelin sheath
- endocrine system
- frontal, parietal, occipital, temporal
- autonomic, somatic