21 Learning Centre Tutor Self-Evaluation
The first page of this form help you keep a record of your tutor training activities as you work towards Level 1 certification. Update this record every week to track your tutor training activities.
The last page, which you will fill in during the last full week of the semester, asks you to reflect on your experiences.
Email this completed form to your Learning Centre Coordinator during the last week of the semester before the exam period.
Identify the dates that you submitted each of the Tutor Training Integration Activities Modules.
|Level II Basic Tutor Training – 6 hr||Followed Learning Centres Procedures|
|Continue Tutor Certification Process||Academic Honesty (Cheating & Plagiarism)|
|Complete TECII and Debrief with a Learning Strategist||Analyze Tutor Ethics in Action
|Created Reflective Journal Entries on Tutoring Practices||Presentation Skills (use scripts for class visits)
|Legal Responsibilities for FIPPA, Human Rights and Harassment Issues||Revise Sessions and Document the Tutor Processes|
|Self Evaluate, Receive Tutee and Other Feedback, Create Tutoring Goals|
Record the number of hours of actual tutoring you do each week. Do not include meeting time or time spent on Moodle.
You are required to do one journal each week beginning in your third week of work. The topics below are optional; they are suggested to give you some ideas about what to write about.
Fill in the chart below, giving a title to each journal entry, and entering the date that you submit each journal as well as its number.
- What are the most important elements of privacy in tutoring so far and how do you apply them?
- Describe a tutoring session that you did this week. What went well? What could you have done better?
- Reviewing your TECII results, what will you be working on to become a more effective tutor?
- Describe an ethical issue that you have encountered while tutoring.
- Describe a tutoring activity that you used a number of times. Document this activity for future use and describe why it is useful.
- Describe some ways you encourage Academic Honesty by tutees.
- What could you do in your responses to encourage tutees to be more independent and less dependent on you?
|Record your Total Number of Journal Entries:||Total|
Reflection on Tutoring Skills
- What skills or courses have you mainly tutored this semester?
- How would you describe your attendance and punctuality to work shifts, to individual tutoring sessions and to meetings? (circle)
- What are your strengths as a tutor?
- a) In what areas would you like to strengthen your tutoring skills?
4. b) What would help you to strengthen your skills in these areas. Include suggestions about what you can do and what faculty might help you with (e.g. topics for tutor meetings).
Reflection on Tutor Training
- What aspects of tutor training did you find most useful? Please comment on why you think they were useful.
- What aspects of tutor training did you find least useful? Please comment on why you think they were not useful.
- Other comments you would like to make about the Learning Centre or about the job of peer tutoring.
- What suggestions can you make for topics for future tutor training / meetings?