Congratulations on finishing your Level Two Tutor Fundamentals Training! You now have more information to build on these Fundamentals in tutoring concepts, experience, and situations that you may encounter as a Tutor.
You began with your application and interview to become a Tutor at KPU’s Learning Centres, completed your twelve hour Essential Fundamentals and Integration sessions, Tutoring for a minimum of 25 hours, and now have completed your Advanced Fundamentals session, including your workbook exercises, explanations, and discussions.
The process that you will now follow to continue your tutoring will help you continue to help others. You will continue your Integration training using Moodle for exercises and documents as well as working with your Learning Centre Coordinator, other members of the Learning Centre Team, and your Faculty mentor.
Level II Integration Learning Objectives
- Follow Learning Centres Procedures
- Continue Tutor Certification Process
- Discuss Key Strategies for Academic Success
- Complete TECI Inventory and Debrief with a Learning Strategist
- Discuss Tutor’s Legal Responsibilities for FIPPA, Human Rights and Harassment Issues
- Discuss Issues of Academic Honesty (Cheating & Plagiarism)
- Analyze Tutor Ethics in Action
- Revise Session Plans and Document the Tutor Processes
- Utilize Presentation Skills (use scripts for class visits)
- Create Reflective Journal Entries on Tutoring Practices
- Self-Evaluate, Receive Tutee and Other Feedback, Create Semester Goals