Book Title: Structured Work Experience Placement Handbook
Subtitle: B.C. Post-Secondary Adult Special Education Programs
Book Description: This handbook provides an overview of practices specifically related to the work experience component of Adult Special Education (ASE) Employment Readiness (ER) programs in B.C.
This handbook provides an overview of practices specifically related to the work experience component of Adult Special Education (ASE) Employment Readiness (ER) programs in B.C. The handbook also articulates promising and recommended practices and details specific practical applications. It may also serve as a foundation to initiate further discussion regarding provincial articulation standards in relation to high-impact work experience practices in ASE
This handbook includes both a summary of information gathered and outlines of promising and recommended practices in relation to the key areas below:
1. The importance and value of structured work experience in ASE ER programming
2. The rationale for including work experiences in employment readiness programs
3. Definitions and common language related to work experiences
4. Considerations and methods used to assess student interests, skills, aptitudes, abilities and preferences and matching them with suitable work experiences
5. Support and monitoring of students on work experience
6. Assessment and reflection as related to work experience
7. Safety and risk management considerations
8. Sample resources
Structured Work Experience Placement Handbook Copyright © 2021 by Nicola Soles is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
Adult education, continuous learning