17 Integration Learning Objectives
Congratulations on finishing your first six hour Tutor Training! You now have a good foundation in essential tutoring concepts and situations that you may encounter as a new Tutor.
You began with your application and interview to become a Tutor at KPU’s Learning Centres, completed your six hour training session, including your workbook exercises, explanations, and discussions.
The process that you will now follow to get ready for live tutoring will help you prepare to help others. You will continue your training using Moodle for exercises and documents as well as working with your Learning Centre Coordinator, other members of the Learning Centre Team, and your Faculty mentor.
Integration Learning Objectives
- Follow Learning Centres Procedures (including Begin Tutor Certification Process)
- Complete LASSI (study skills for success) and Debrief with a Learning Strategist
- Create Reflective Journal Entries on Tutoring Practices
- Integrate Adult Learning Basics into Tutoring
- Discuss Issues of Copyright (including Fair Dealing)
- Practise Academic Integrity
- Set a Professional and Welcoming Environment
- Shadow Tutoring Sessions
- Plan Sessions and Document the Tutor Processes
- Complete a Synchronous Online Tutoring Practice Session
- Self-Evaluate, Receive Tutee and Other Feedback, Create Tutoring Goals