Step 1: Find the 4 Ws
The 4 Ws for the webpage (there are four slides)
Step 2: Arrange the 4 Ws in the correct order and with the correct formatting.
The citation for the webpage (click image to see it bigger)
The example above is a webpage with a group author that is the same as the publisher of the website .
- Author: UNESCO is an acronym for the organization’s full name.
- If the author is an acronym, spell out their full name.
- Date: the publication date of the webpage.
- Do not use the website’s copyright date for the date.
- If no publication date is given, use (n.d.), meaning no date.
- Title: is in sentence-case and italics as it is an individual work.
- Source location: is the site name (if different from the author) and URL of the webpage.
- If the author is the same as the site name (as in our example), only the author is included.
Now try it yourself!
The Library’s APA Online Guide is a great resource to have on hand for creating reference citations.