In recognition of the experiences of the diverse populations represented, the background description and scenarios of Case 1 on homophobia and Case 2 on safety in an Indigenous community are protected by a Creative Commons license that allows users to copy and distribute the material in any medium or format in unadapted form and for noncommercial purposes only (CC-BY-NC-ND).
This work is licensed under a CC-BY-NC license
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Unless otherwise specified, the images used in this text have a variety of open copyright licenses, including “ND – No derivatives”. Review the image attributions at the bottom of each chapter for license information. The following images have been used with permission or are under a special license.
- The cover image used in this book is © Kwantlen Polytechnic University and All Rights Reserved. If this book is being adapted, it must have a different cover.
- Several images have been used under the Pexels License to be used only for educational purposes
- A Team Brainstorming and Having a Meeting
- Angry Customer
- Gift Shop
- Man in Orange Crew-neck Shirt…
- Man Holding a Gay Pride Flag
- Monochrome photo of a man
- Office Worker criticized holding up a help sign
- Restaurant Food Preparation
- Retail Worker
- Senior couple on a date
- Workplace meeting including visibly disabled worker
- Woman with migraine struggling at work
- Several images have been used under the Unsplash License
- Danger sign for high pressure natural gas pipeline © Radharc Images is All Rights Reserved
- Gas Compression Station © Amber Bracken is licensed under a All Rights Reserved license and used with permission
- Indigenous employees of Duz Cho Construction… © Canadian Energy Centre is All Rights Reserved and used with permission
- Non-binary person commuting by bike © Vice is All Rights Reserved
- Sampling for Lithium © Frontier Lithium is All Rights Reserved and used with permission