Academic Writing Basics draws on and synthesizes the contributions of the Kwantlen Polytechnic University Learning Centre team, including source materials, learning aids, and workshop content created and updated by Learning Strategists, Learning Centre Staff, and Peer Tutors. Thanks to Karen Meijer-Kline, Mustafa Mohammed, and Rajiv Jhangiani for their technical assistance on this project. Kim Tomiak provided helpful editorial suggestions.
Academic Writing Basics adopts and adapts Open Access material from a variety of sources including:
- College of DuPage Library
- Department of Writing and Rhetoric at the University of Mississippi
- The Excelsior College Online Writing Lab
- Mount Royal University Library
- University of California Los Angeles Library
- University of Guelph Library
- University of Laurier Library
- University of Northern British Columbia Academic Success Centre
- Saylor Academy
- The Word on College Reading and Writing by Carol Burnell, Jaime Wood, Monique Babin, Susan Pesznecker, and Nicole Rosevear
These sources are credited where the material appears.
Material in “Types of Academic Writing” is reproduced with permission from The University of Sydney Learning Centre.