For OERs to be truly open they must be accessible. In the same way that a free resource does not mean that the resource is open, a resource is not open just because it is available. When OER projects are accessible, they become more:
- inclusive, accounting for different methods, mediums, and modes of engaging with the content
- sustainable, delivering content when tools and technologies break down
- sharable, expanding reach and impact
Accessibility features of the web version of this resource
The web version of Political Ideologies and Worldviews: An Introduction (2nd edition) has been designed with accessibility in mind by incorporating the following features:
- It has been optimized for people who use screen-reader technology.
- all content can be navigated using a keyboard
- links and headings are formatted to work with screen readers
- images have alt tags
- There is an option to increase font size (see tab on top right of screen).
Other file formats available
In addition to the web version, this book is available in a number of file formats including PDF, EPUB (for eReaders), MOBI (for Kindles), and various editable files. Here is a link to where you can download this book in another file format: https://kpu.pressbooks.pub/politicalideologies2e/. Look for the “Download this book” drop-down menu on the landing page to select the file type you want.
Known accessibility issues and areas for improvement
While we strive to ensure that this resource is as accessible and usable as possible, we might not always get it right. Any issues we identify will be listed below.
|Location of issue
|Need for improvement
|Sections 5.1, 8.1.1, 8.2.2, 10.3.2, 126.96.36.199, 14.3
|Video 14.1 doesn’t have captions
|Sections 3.3.2, 4.2, 188.8.131.52
|Audios don’t have transcripts
|Figure 7.6 has information conveyed only by color
|Figure 12.5 has information conveyed only by color
This statement was last updated on November 10, 2023.