Editing is a foundational skill for taking your writing to the next level. The editing process ensures that the key ideas that you present in your writing can be understood clearly by your reader, allowing your message to have a higher impact. This workshop outlines a process that takes you through editing content and organization, through to editing grammar and smaller details in your paper. It also includes information that will support you in the editing process if you are writing in a language that is not your mother tongue.
After you have completed this workshop, you will be able to:
- Follow an editing process that includes editing for content, refining the organization of your paper, and addressing sentence level concerns.
- Identify typical grammar errors in your writing.
- Practice using an error log to note patterns of error in your writing.
- Use dictionaries and other tools to choose the best words to convey your meaning.
- Apply a range of proofreading strategies to polish the details of your paper.
Click the next arrow to move on to the first section in the workshop